_verify" content="bbb841dd5e0db345e51757e59e8d03cb"/>

Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Biggest Valentine Ever & Valentine Graphic Organizers

I wanted to share a few more Valentine things I have been working on. This winter I was introduced to "The Biggest..." series of picture books by Steven Kroll. I fell in love. I quickly bought "The Biggest Valentine Ever" and had to make a lesson/activity with it. Click here to see more about this lesson.


I've made 5 activities for 1st and 2nd grades to go along with the book "The Biggest Valentine Ever" by Steven Kroll.
Included are:
* Student directions page and 6 sequence cards that follow the book.
* Heart themed spelling/coloring worksheet.
* Heart Venn Diagram to compare and contrast 2 of the book characters.
* Past, Present & Future Verb Literacy Center - (Student directions page, sorting mat, 12 verb cards, and recording sheet).
* Heart creativity directions. 


The 2nd thing I made was generic graphic organizers that can be used with ANY Valentine themed fiction story. You can get all 6 Graphic Organizers here.


I have given you a FREEBIE!! The Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer is here at Dropbox for Free. Click here for your Free C/E graphic organizer. This one is not anything super fancy. I had to give you a freebie that didn't have all the frills so I could skip giving credit to all the clipart and artist sources. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment